Pacific Home Inspections
A home cannot fail an inspection. A professional home inspection gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and their solutions, so
that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision.
Depending on the size and condition of the home, a thorough home inspection will take no more than four hours, usually between an hour and a half and three hours. Ideally, you will accompany me during the consultation, so that you will have visual reinforcement of your written report.
I take my inspection reports seriously. Every inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components in the home. The report includes a clear description of what I have found with any problem areas noted, so you can easily identify them. I provide a free telephone consultation after your inspection.
A thorough inspection will include the following:
- Roof(shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items
- Attics (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items)
- Exterior (siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components)
- Plumbing and Fixtures (water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components)
- Interior (floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components)
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation (insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, visual structural items, floors, walls, and columns)
- Wood Destroying Pests & Rot Inspection (conducive conditions, visible signs, past & present infestations and visible damage)
- Drainage (visible past signs, present moisture issues & conducive conditions.)