Pacific Home Inspections
About Radon Gas - Mold - And Carbon Dioxide
Information About These Dangerous Home Contaminants
Radon is a radioactive gas that is odorless, tasteless and invisible. It occurs naturally in soils and rocks, and enters houses through the foundation or through well water. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends testing for radon in all houses below the 3rd floor and fixing houses with elevated levels of radon. Pacific Home Inspections, Inc. can test for radon if requested. Click the link to find out more about Radon Testing. For more information read the booklet 'Home Buyer's and Seller's Guide to Radon' published by the EPA and available on the internet at http://www.epa.gov/iaq/radon/pubs/hmbyguid.html#Contents
Portland Radon Gas TestFind the right Portland radon gas testing services for proper Portland radon gas removal from your home.
Mildew, mold or fungus growing in any building is a sign of a moisture problem. The source of the moisture should be found and corrected. Some types of mold have been linked to health effects for some people. Effects range from mild to severe. You can find more information on the internet from the CDC at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/airpollution/mold/default.htm and from the EPA at http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/moldresources.html
Portland Mold InformationFind the right Portland mold information for proper Portland mold removal from your home.
Carbon monoxide, which can be fatal, can be produced by anything with a flame (such as ranges, dryers, fireplaces, furnaces and water heaters). All gas appliances should be professionally serviced on a regular basis (see the manufacturer's instructions). You are strongly encouraged to install carbon monoxide detectors. They are readily available from hardware stores or a reasonable cost.